The baby is sleeping soundly in the carrier so Lucy and I get to do some painting.
I happened to be in a Pound shop and ended up with a canvas. I have always wanting to make a geometric painting.
- Tape (masking preferably)
Apply the tape to form nice geometrical shapes
Paint all the surface
- Let it dry and carefully remove the tape (I failed in waiting long enough)
Sunday mornings can be a bit tricky sometimes. We were in the middle of a cheerios war, when I needed to think fast and strategically about a solution.
We happened to have a big empty frame (I went to Ikea to buy a duvet and ended up -a usual – with many unexpected items), a couple of medium sized colored papers and kids paint.
- Finger paint
- A paint brush (we used a facial brush for some reason)
- Big card sheets
- Big felt pen
- Draw the trunk and brunches of a tree with a big felt pen
- Squeeze some paint on a plastic plate
- With a paintbrush spread the paint on one family member’s hand at a time (to prevent tiny family membera from finger printing the house).
- Stamp your hand print
- Wash hand and brush.
- Pass to the next family member.
- Repeat until all family members have stamped their hand print.
- Let it dry
- Frame it and hang it