Carrot Cake - reduced sugar
Today Lucy was a Bunny and demanded a carrot cake for her Daddy’s birthday, as simple as that… the only little particular was that, as far as I can recollect, Daddy’s birthday falls in July!
For the filling I have used the milk based cream from the chocolate roll recipe.
- 300gr self-raising flour
- 100ml vegetable oil (I wouldn’t suggest olive oil)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 dates (even more, but I only had 4 left)
- a handful of raisins
- 2 handfuls of (wal)nuts (I could only find mixed nuts)
- 350gr of carrots
- 1tsp bicarbonateof soda
- 1tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Grate the carrots, dates and nuts (I used our robot grater).
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Line with parchment paper a 25cm cake tin.
- Pour the mix in the cake tin and cook for approximately 30 min. OPTIONAL
- While it is cooking, prepare the filling. I have used the same milk based cream from the chocolate roll.
- Let it cool, then cut horizontally in half, fill with your favourite cream and reassemble.