We recently took over an allotment and it’s being much fun (and work).
Yesterday we finally did our first harvest: potatoes 🙂
Our plot neighbours gave us also some chard and explained how to prepare this (to me) unknown veggie. Everytime we visit the allotment, one of the neighbours gives us something, we are so lucky! 🙂
Today we experimented and the combination of chard, potatoes and supermarket bought aubergine gave me an unexpected satisfaction.
– 5 potatoes
– 1 chard
– 1 garlic clove
– juice of 1/2 lemon
– 1 aubergine
– white sesame seeds
– olive oil
– sunflower oil
For the POTATOES
– cut them in small cubes (I don’ bother with peeling the iron rich skin)
– in a frying pan heat up a thin layer of sunflower oil
– fry the potatoes until cooked
For the CHARD
– cut the leaves from the stalk and cut in chunks, keeping the hard bits separated from the leaves.
– heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil and cook the garlic for 1 min.
– add the stalks and cook for 3 mins
– add the leaves and cook for further 3 mins.
– dish out and sprinkle with lemon juice
For the AUBERGINES
– cut in chunks and soak in cold salted water for 10 mins
– rinse and squeeze
– heat up a thin layer of sunflower oil and cook the aubergines until cooked
– before dishing out sprikle with sesame seeds and cook for 1 min
– dish out and eat.