I have set myself the goal of painting all our internal doors.
I have some left over paint from the kitchen makeover I have done a couple of months ago.The furniture paint I used for that project was Rust-Oleum furniture paint, classified toy-safe. It really doesn’t smell that much and the satin finush is quite lovely. So I have decided to use it for painting the doors too.
I have read somewhere of this ‘life hack’ of using an elastic band to clean the brush from the excess paint. It works beautifully!
- Small paint brush (I used one from the Ikea kids sections)
- Medium paint brush (a more formal Hamilton speciment)
- A messy mat
- Remove the hardware from the door if possible
- Clean the door with a dump cloth
- If you have a panel door, start painting the internal corners of one panel, then complete the panel.
- Repeat for each panel.
- Then paint the rest of the side of the door.
- Give a second coat if necessary.
- Let it dry.