I did my first locally sourced grocery the other day, I was so excited. I got carried a bit away with the shopping list, but the idea of fresh and organic vegetables was too exciting.
One of the items was Jerusalem artichokes. I obviously thought I would receive artichokes, but instead I had some sort of strange potatoes in my bags.
After extensive research on the topic it was decided they will become risotti.
- 100gr Jerusalem, cut in small cubes
- 100gr beetroot, cut in small cubes
- 1 small leek, cut finely
- 300gr risotto
- 20gr butter
- 500ml water/broth
- Pecorino cheese,to taste
- If using fresh beetroot, boil it in a little water for 5 mins.
- When the water has dried out and the beetroot softened, add the butter and cook the leek and the jerusalem artichoke for 10 mins.
- Add the rice and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the water and salt to taste.
- Cook until cookes (roughly 17minutes or 7 in a pressure cooker).
- Stir in the pecorino.
- Serve and garnish with parsely