As it is getting colder outside, I am in the mood for soups.
- A medium/small sized pumpkin
- Two small potatoes
- One carrot
- One onion
- Salt and pepper
- Cream cheese (optional)
- Chop the vegetables and cut a ‘hat’ from the pumpkin.
- Scoop out the stringy flesh and seeda from the pumkin. I used a tablespoon
- Scoop out as much flesh as possible. I used a measuring spoon for this process.
- Toss all the ingredients in a pan.
- Add ca. 500ml water and salt to taste.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15-20. I have used a pressure cooker, setting soup for 9 minutes.
- When ready, blend it with a submersion blender.
- Optional: add some cream cheese (my kids won’t drink milk, so I very often add cheese to many dishes)
- Serve in its pumpking with its hat on. The kids loooooved it!